Saturday, May 31, 2008

Life After CAT-10 (FMS Result)

The FMS result was taking a long time!! I remember checking the FMS website daily for the result, only to find a notice for their Alumni Dinner being displayed prominently on their homepage.


One evening when I asked my roommate if he was done using the Reliance phone so that I could check whether the FMS result was out or not? He said checking daily is not going to make a difference, they will release it when they feel like. I said fine I wont check it tonight.


The next morning Dad called after breakfast and we had a routine conversation. Ten minutes after that call he called again and I was wondering what was so important. He told me that the FMS result has been declared. He asked me my roll number so that he could check the result and let me know. I hesitated, the thing is I never like anybody else seeing my result before me (the college results are a different matter altogether), but he insisted so I told him the roll number.


And I logged on myself, and voila!!! I had cleared FMS as well. They wanted to see me for the GD and interview process.


Meanwhile MDI had also released their list for GD and interview and they had decided to call me as well.


My interview calls were as follows


XLRI (BM)-> 10th March (Chennai)

MDI (PGPM)-> 13th March (Bangalore)

FMS (MBA-FT) -> 14th March (Delhi)


I tried getting the dates for MDI shifted but approached them a bit late so it couldn’t be done. I decided to give my MDI interview in Bangalore on 13 which was in the afternoon and then catch a flight to Delhi on 14th morning and appear for my FMS interview.


Looks like Life after CAT wasn’t all that bad. As another series comes to an end, we approach the climax of this tale (I bet Arabian Nights was shorter and not to mention far more interesting).


Read about the Interviews, results and more gyaan in the next series "A New Hope". I hope George (Lucas) wont sue me for this.


Ekta, you reading this??

No comments: