Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Here is the only poem I have written in my entire life

from the darkness of my past
i see the footprints of my future
from the travesty of years gone by
i see the promise of the future

i ask myself
"is all this worth living for"
and prompt comes the reply
"if this isn't then what is"

life was never meant to be easy
but was it meant to be so lonely
true friends were never easy to find
but was friendship so difficult to maintain


faith was all i had
to begin with
but was it enough
to last me till the end


will the nightmares of the past 
come to haunt me in the future
will the stories of my struggle
be known as fables in the future

i find myself asking again
"is all this worth living for"
and here i lie waiting 
for the reply is yet to come

for i see, the darkness of my past
looming in the future

2 comments:

aritreyee said...

For the only poem you have ever written, i guess this turned out pretty well! and I do hope you found the reply you were waiting for.

Amit Tyagi said...

Thnx aritreyee, nt jst fr appreciating it, bt also reminding me dat dis exists...hd all bt frgtn abt dis...dis seems lyk eons ago, and yeah d only one till date....

And as for answers, well it is a nvr ending quest, I guess