Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A New Hope-6 (Why FMS??)

Well this question was put to me a lot of times after all written results were out. Between XLRI, FMS and MDI what was my preference.


And without any hesitation my answer was always the same


XLRI

FMS

MDI


But it all changed the day I went to FMS for my interview. To be honest I don’t know what changed it. It definitely wasn’t the infrastructure, I mean FMS hasn’t got the most attractive of buildings not even close to it.


Probably that was it. That old red building with this quaint feel to it. The whole North Campus area, with KMC directly opposite to FMS. Flanked by Delhi School of Economics on one side and Hansraj on the other. With Hindu and Stephens in the neighbourhood.


I don’t know what exactly happened but sitting on that cane chair outside the interview room I knew this is the place I want to be for the next two years of my life (quite filmy, na!!)


I still went through the routine of asking more learned and experienced people about their advice but I was just looking for reasons to support my choice than anything else.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Today as I finish this saga of CAT Tales, Life after CAT and A New Hope, I would like to take this opportunity to thank myself on your behalf for the wonderful work that I have done in coming out with this blog. I know you don’t have words to express your gratitude towards me, but its Ok, I understand.


Jokes apart, writing this blog has been a wonderful experience (I am sure reading it wasn’t so wonderful). When I first started writing it I never knew so many people would be reading it (had I known I would have added Adsense).


So this is it. We finally come to the end of my journey to a B-school. For those of you who have been jobless enough to read this ;) , there is more exciting stuff to come. As you must have read in the Teaser there is another series in the pipeline about Life @ VIT.


For those of you who were not there with me read it for an account of fun filled four years (my perspective entirely) and for those who were there read it to find out what kind of light you are being portrayed in .


Adios, Amigos!!!!


Promotional Message Follows

--------------------------------------------

Keep visiting this space to read about Life @ VIT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cheers bhaiya.for the successfull work.....

Unknown said...

Awesome is d word i'll tend to associate wid all ur blogs.It was a gr8 fun reading all ur blogs.Just 2 gud.I just wonder hw right i was,wen in 1st year i was amazed after hearing ur seminar on roads and just thought,v(VIT) have big things in store frm u.I think u just went beyond my expectations.
Seriously,gr8 work...but more importantly..."YET AGAIN".