Monday, June 16, 2008

LIFE @ VIT - Teaser

Why am I writing about life @ VIT??


Is it because I am trying to give some competition to Chetan Bhagat? (highly unlikely!!)


Or is it just that I am cashing in on the recent India Today rankings (VIT was ranked 10th all over India)?


Well to be really honest I don’t know why I am writing this. Probably because I spent four very important years of my life there. Probably because I really enjoyed my time there. Probably I am feeling nostalgic having left the hostel after four years. Or probably I am sitting idle at home and have nothing else to do.


Whatever the reason, here is another series of blog posts : this one dedicated to four of the best years of my life, the amazing people who made it all the more wonderful and my alma mater, VIT.


(subuk subuk , wah kya emotional angle dala hai )


In order to insure myself against the ire of friends and others who will figure in these posts here are a few disclaimers/disclosures/declarations/confessions.


Most of the incidents/conversations/events mentioned in these posts are true up to the best of my knowledge, belief and memory (which to be honest is not great), however my perspective might cloud some of these. In that case there is nothing you can do [:P] except call me names in the comment box (which I am sure many of you would resort to).


This is not going to be a generalized account of how life is like in VIT. Rather it is a very personalized account of my (and my friends') life in VIT. Opinions may vary from person to person.


This is going to be a free flowing series. Chronology will not be a binding factor while recounting events. You might get to read something that happened in the fourth year first and after that something that happened in the first year.


Enough of being diplomatic, want to see some dirty laundry, then this is the place.


Keep logging in !!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

hi amit.. some editing needed in the blogi think u hve published it twice...
anyway coming to the point..went through all the blogs now( dekh rahe ho kitna jobless hoon...), the best part was the XLRI interview..i guess those profs were like u.. all PJ's...lol...

anyway waiting now for the VIT part, dekhte hain kitna dirty ho sakta hain....

Amit Tyagi said...

hey ritukar...

thanks for pointing out that error...

i have rectified it.....

ek sher arz hai....

haar kar jeetne wale ko baazigar kehte hai;

haar kar jeetne wale ko baazigar kehte hai;

aur hamari blog padhne wale ko jobless kehte hai"

(wah wah wah wah)

enuff of PJs

i had been thnking of writting about vit for a lot of days but it proved to be really tough ....

lets see if i can do it this time....

Ambuj Sinha said...

hi there.. u could probably install an un-invited post blocker plug in but yes it's a gr8 idea. you have the 'luxury' of time n future security by ur side, so make the most of it. even i was thinkin of it recently n may join u in dat, me being a copy dog.though our incidents ll be mostly disjoint i suppose.. and i'm expecting ur expert comments at my maiden blog.

Unknown said...

GOOD JOB BHAIYA..
lookin fwd 2 ur life@vit series..
n all da best for ur mba at fms..
cheers!!!!

Amit Tyagi said...

@ ambuj

thanks and will read ur blog and surely post my comments there

@ akshaya

thanks