Monday, June 16, 2008

A New Hope-5 (XLRI result)

Well after a few days of lazing around at home it was time to go back to the hostel. I had a morning flight from Delhi to Chennai on 26th. So I went to Delhi on 25 and stayed at my uncle's place. As all of us were just sitting and chatting I got a message from Daddu (Jayant), it read


"Bhai XL ka kya hua? Result out!!"


Those with good retaining power will realise that he was the one who told me about the XL written result as well. Infact I noticed this after writing this post.


Well I didn’t feel much anxiety. I just logged on to the internet and opened the XLRI website. As I finally reached the result page, I entered my roll no in a hurry. And then there was this message on the screen.


"Sorry the candidate with this roll number hasn’t qualified".


Before I could feel or react my cousin who was sitting beside me said


"Oh ho bevkoof!!! Itni zaldi kis baat ki hai, ye keyboard kharab hai. Try the num pad."


Then I looked at the screen and realized that a few of the keystrokes had failed to register.


Anyways I entered my roll number again, this time more slowly, carefully and using the Num Pad.


And the screen now read


"Congratulations!! You have secured admission into the BM program 2008-2010 of XLRI"


And that was it. I didn’t feel very different after it. There wasn’t much jubilation or anything. I just called up Daddu (Jayant) to tell him about the result and that was it.


More to come in the next post…..Keep reading…. Fight illiteracy ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey nice experience there !!!!.....sorry se congratulations.....hahahaha